I hope that Susan Johnston, The Urban Muse, agrees that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, because I’m stealing her idea of offering the 12 days of Christmas posts (Even though mine is more like the 12 Days AFTER Christmas!!) While I’m on vacation (i.e. reading something that I won’t be reviewing, just because I want to and pigging out on Emily Dickinson Cake), you may be looking for something to read.
Here are some of MY favorite posts from A Traveler’s Library of the past year, mixed in with some of the most read posts. Can you tell them apart? And yes, the list is a bit heavy on France, since a trip to France was my obsession this year.
I hope you’ll enjoy visiting (or revisiting) these posts.
- 36 Hours in Tucson (another post right above this has a slideshow.)
- Madame Bovary (France)
- King Gustavus Goofed (Sweden)
- Nine Lives (India)
- The Perfect French Movie
- Eat Cheaper in Paris (France)
- Author Interview with Jennifer Stiel (Yemen)
- Osiyo (Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma)
- A Week at the Airport (England)
- Blue Highways (Kick off to the Great American Road Trip)
- James Thurber (Ohio)
- Remembering the Veterans of Normandy (France)
Later, I’m going to list:
- the most popular road trip stops of 2010
- my favorite books of the year
- my favorite movies of the year.
Don’t drink too much eggnog! Because you may be asked to play along. Did you have a favorite place/book/movie that A Traveler’s Library visited during 2010? What country/book or movie have we NOT visited enough to suit you??