Do you need some reading to get you in a Halloween Mood? Here are some suggestions from the pages of A Traveler’s Library, and one deliciously scary tour we found at Sophie’s World.
Whether it is Halloween or Day of the Dead, your mind may turn to Cemeteries and funersals, right? So here are unusual sight-seeing suggestions with a definite spooky feel. Click on the link if you dare learn more.
1. Making An Exit, a review of a book that talks about funeral practices around the world, and made me want to see the artistic coffins from Ghana, not to mention attend a funeral in Bali and many more travel possibilities.
2. Sightseeing Among the Dead, is a photo essay of “dead places” I’ve visited.
3. The Bates Motel ranks WAY high on places that planted a permanent fear in people’s minds. What’s behind that shower curtain? Now you can travel to the locale of the Hitchcok thriller.
4. The Highway by C. J. Box really has no competition for scariest book I’ve read this year. In fact, I suggested that although a Montana Road Trip is lovely, you DO NOT want to listen to this book on tape while driving down the highway in the west, nor leaf through it when you stop at a truck stop.
5. Washington Irving’s Headless Horseman continues to spook readers, and Jessie Voigts uncovered a tour with a story teller in the locale of the original Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
6. Three Prisons I dare you to visit on Halloween . I published this just last week, but the dare remains.
7. Sophie’s World tells about a marvelously scary bus tour in Dublin.