Note to Advertisers
What kind of audience can you expect for your product or service at A Traveler’s Library?
The 2010 Bloggies recognized A Traveler’s Library as one of the five best travel blogs on the web.
When you advertise here you get a market that is well educated and a bit more mature (and therefore prosperous) than the average Internet user, according to Alexa.
DO THE NUMBERS
The site is specifically focused at the lucrative travel audience, and has been growing constantly since its beginning in January 2009.
- We have achieved a page rank of 4, according to Google.
- An average of 5800 people a month viewed the first 3/4 of 2012. The site draws an average of 11,450 page views per month.
- Most viewers come from the United States (+ 90%) and other English-speaking countries, with others coming from many other countries.
- 626 people subscribe to the site, either by RSS or e-mail (9-2012).
- 129 follow the blog on Networked Blogs. (7-2012)
- Promotion: Twitter (@pen4hire): 3684 followers (12-2012)
- Facebook 577 friends and subscribers. (1-2013)
- Google + We already have more than 400 followers. (1-2013)
- The newer tool, Pinterest, says 209 people are already following Vera Marie Badertscher (1-2013)
How I Promote A Traveler’s Library
- I write guest articles to expand my platform, including monthly contributions to ReelLifeWithJane, where I write about classic movies and movie stars.
- I am very active on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
- I use CommentLuv and comment frequently on other blogs.
- I welcome guests at A Traveler’s Library, which brings new readers, and have six contributors who regularly contribute specialized travel material on music travel, cultural travel, travel with pets, movies that inspire travel, food travel and family travel. If you have specialized advertising on one of these areas, I can post your ad on the page with the appropriate content.
The strongest relationship you can develop with A Traveler’s Library is as a sponsor. I will tailor a sponsorship package for you that includes those things you most value, including ads, dedicated articles featuring your product or service, articles I contribute to your web site, mentions in social media outlets, and more. We can discuss the package you are interested in, and I can give you an estimate of costs for twelve months.
I currently use limited affiliate advertising and prefer display advertising or texts in sidebars. I prefer 120 x 120 or 120(width) by 240 (ht.) ads that are pre-formatted for use in Word Press. I will consider larger ads that appear above or between articles. Ads are available for 3, 6 or 12 months, payable as soon as published through Paypal. I reserve the right to refuse advertisements that I do not believe are of value to readers of A Traveler’s Library.
At this time, I am considering paid content offers, sponsored posts written by ME, commercial links within articles and link ads that come after an article. I do product reviews from time to time, but clearly state that the products were given to me for review, and do not guarantee a positive review.
I also accept products for giveaways and I feature products that are appropriate for special occasion gifts. I clearly label advertisements and disclose freebies.
On my about page, I have the following advertising policy statement for readers:
I use affiliate advertising on my site. That ususally means that I have a link to books sold on Amazon within the text of my blog posts and receive a small percentage of sales. I occasionally link to other products if they fit extremely well. In those cases, I have a financial arrangement with the advertiser, which I will reveal at the end of the post where the link occurs. Readers should be aware of these financial ties.
Please remember that patronizing the advertisers is a vote for continuing this blog. Every purchase helps.
Please contact me at GMail to discuss how we could work together and for pricing information.
AllTop says we’re tops.
Travel Pod ranks A Traveler’s Library among the top 100 travel blogs in the world.